Driptech is laser-focused on making affordable irrigation technologies for small-plot farmers in developing countries. Our early-stage, VC-funded, Mountain View-based venture is scaling up for high-volume commercial rollout in India. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact.
Driptech is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Marketing and Communications Fellow to manage the company’s public profile using media and other communication tools to create the desired positioning for the company in India and globally. Additionally, this person will develop and execute on the company’s internal communication strategy, thereby building cultural cohesiveness across our network of offices. The position will be based in our Pune, India office. This fellowship is a 12-month position, available for immediate start, and upon successful completion, may lead to long-term employment opportunities. This is an ideal position for someone looking for entrepreneurial experience in a high-profile startup as well as the opportunity to have major social impact.
PR & Marketing
• Manage the corporate website, making sure it conveys the most relevant and up-to-date information
• Write and issue press releases and a company newsletter to build corporate reputation and strengthen our relationships with relevant external stakeholders. Further our reputation and brand via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets
• Manage incoming requests from the media and other organizations; coordinate interviews with the senior management team as needed
• Execute on opportunities to raise the profile of the business, such as participating in key networks or applying for industry awards or other recognitions
• Work closely with the marketing team to research, evaluate and recommend local marketing opportunities
• Lead special marketing efforts including swag and product sample distribution.
• Be creative and help us find new ways to get the good word out
• Help us define our visual identity by instituting visual consistency across all our PR materials
• Own and manage templates for internal company use such as newsletters, business cards, and letter heads
• Develop interesting visual content for our website and blog
• Assist in execution of an innovative internal communications strategy that:
1. Builds company culture;
2. Enables all employees to feel valued and integral to the larger organization;
3. Shares success stories;
4. Keeps employees informed of latest company developments;
5. Encourages the sharing of best practices.
Background and Skills:
• Passionate about improving the lives of small-plot farming families
• Background in Marketing, PR, or Communications
• 2-5 years relevant work experience
• Superior writing skills, excellent communication and organization skills
• Desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
• Ability to work independently and to be resourceful
• Ability to implement strategic initiatives
• Thrive in a startup environment
• Strong desire to make a profound social impact through sustainable business practices
• Graphic design and/or video editing experience
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreaweaver, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign
• Comfortable with HTML and CSS
• SEO/SEM experience
• Experience working with global social ventures/NGOs
• Multi-lingual capabilities, particularly Indian languages
Driptech offers a comfortable stipend and benefits commensurate with our funding stage.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Fellow” in the subject.
To learn more about Driptech, please visit our website at www.driptech.com