Come join Driptech, a for-profit, impact-focused, high-visibility startup selected as a 2012 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, named by BusinessWeek as one of the world's most intriguing new companies, and voted by its readers as one of the top 5 most promising social ventures in America.
Driptech is laser-focused on making affordable irrigation technologies for small-plot farmers in developing countries. Our early-stage, VC-funded, Mountain View-based venture is scaling up for high-volume commercial rollout in India. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact.
Driptech is seeking a Manager in Finance and Administration, based in our Pune, India office, reporting to the Global Director of Business Operations. The individual will have two critical roles: 1) oversee finance and accounting functions for Driptech India, and 2) oversee human resource and key administrative functions as the company grows.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an accounts professional to expand his/her managerial skill-set by building internal capacity for a high-profile international startup. The candidate should have a strong background in accounting and administration, be confident in reporting to top management and performing strategic analyses for business planning and performance measurement. He/she should hold self and team members to a high standard of integrity and professionalism.
Finance & Accounting
• Manage accounting and finance activities including Payables, Receivables, Capital Accounts, purchasing and invoicing for sales transactions
• Develop internal financial controls and Supervise Accounts Officer
• Oversee the monthly close process for Driptech India
• Produce accurate and timely financial statements for internal and external reporting
• Coordinate with management to develop department budgets and monitor against actual expenditures
• Continuously improve processes around accounting and finance as we scale
HR & Administration
• Oversee payroll and business expense processing and make process improvements as company expands
• Implement Company HR policies and develop a benefits plan for Company’s India staff
• Liaise with external HR and CA firms to ensure ongoing compliance of all labour laws and requirements
• Ensure all staff and company contracts and agreements are updated and in place
• Manage Indian taxes such as corporate, payroll, sales, duties, etc.
• Work with global legal partners for HR, intercompany and in-country compliance
Background and Skills:
• 7+ years experience in finance, accounts, administration or HR
• Master of Business Administration or PGDBA preferred
• CA/ICWA or CPA preferred, knowledgeable in IFRS
• Experience working with Tally or other standard accounting software
• Able to set up and manage financial and administrative systems with little oversight
• Ability to be based in Pune, India
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Hindi, and preferably Marathi
• Detail oriented and precise in presenting data and reports
• Experience working in a startup or multi-national corporations
• A passion for addressing the needs of small-plot farmers
Driptech offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with our funding stage. We will also make available support for relocation to Pune, India.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Manager - Finance & Admin" in the subject.
To learn more about Driptech, please visit our website at www.driptech.com