Monday, March 19, 2012
Come join Driptech, a for-profit, impact-focused, high-visibility startup selected as a 2012 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, named by BusinessWeek as one of the world's most intriguing new companies, and voted by its readers as one of the top 5 most promising social ventures in America.
Driptech is laser-focused on making affordable irrigation technologies for small-plot farmers in developing countries. Our early-stage, VC-funded, Mountain View-based venture is scaling up for high-volume commercial rollouts in India and China. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact.
Driptech is seeking a Director of Marketing - India, based in our Pune, India office. This position requires the desire and ability to lead Driptech’s marketing effort in India to drive farmer demand and ensure we reach all the farmers who could potentially benefit from Driptech’s enabling technologies. This role requires experience in selling products to farmers and an obsession with understanding why farmers invest in Driptech products. This leader will manage a small local team and must have a hands-on track record of personally driving sales through innovative marketing strategies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in selling to farmers (preferably capital investments), launching new agriculture products in rural India, deploying innovative marketing strategies and defining and delivering against clear metrics. Most importantly, the position requires someone who is both deeply creative and analytical.
1. Drive farmer demand through marketing tactics
2. Develop a company-wide understanding of the farmers we serve
3. Define and segment the Indian market
4. Deploy and evaluate innovative marketing tactics to develop best-practices for Driptech
5. Activate new geographies and manage marketing product launch, product life-cycle, pricing, channel and promotional strategies in alignment with company goals
6. Implement competitor, partner and channel performance metrics
7. Report and improve marketing ROI, market penetration, and acquisition
8. Develop a strong value proposition and strategy to communicate Driptech’s partnership value to current and potential partners
9. Understand and anticipate the promotional requirements of our current and future partners
10. Develop appropriate marketing tools, selling guides, and launch plans for institutional and dealer sales channels.
11. Work closely with the rest of the global management team
Background and Skills:
• Demonstrated success driving demand through marketing tactics
• 3+ years managing teams
• 5+ years of rural marketing experience
• Ability to be based in Pune, India
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research and translating data-driven insights into actionable strategies
1. Experience living and/or traveling independently internationally
2. Indian language capabilities
3. A passion for addressing the needs of small-plot farmers
4. Prior experience marketing agricultural products or another capital investment geared toward farmers
Driptech offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with our funding stage. We will also make available support for relocation to Pune, India.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Director of Marketing - India" in the subject.
To learn more about Driptech, please visit our website at www.driptech.com
Posted by Jessica at 11:50 AM