Driptech is an international water technologies company based in Silicon Valley, with offices in Pune, India and Beijing, China. Our mission is to alleviate poverty by creating extremely affordable, water efficient irrigation solutions for small-plot farmers in developing countries. We are currently scaling up for high-volume commercial rollouts in India and China. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact, reaching millions of small-plot farmers in the coming years.
Driptech is seeking an experienced and highly capable Consultant to conduct high level research and analysis, resulting in strategic recommendations to Driptech’s executive team for our China market development. This position will start as a 3-4 month part-time engagement with the potential to transition into a permanent, full-time position.
- Government and Policy: Map the political landscape as it relates to the intersection of agricultural development and water conservation, identifying key initiatives, funding and projects. Identify government ministries, individual decision makers, and important stakeholders at the central, regional, and local levels, in particular, those working closely with smallholder farmers.
- Academia: Research and identify academic institutions (universities and research academies) that are relevant to Driptech from an advising and/or partnership standpoint. Identify the key academic influencers to the Chinese government, both individuals and institutions. Research and analyze initiatives, such as those addressing water efficiency or adoption of new technologies that may represent opportunities for Driptech.
- Industry: Research and analyze the agriculture industry and competitors with effective business models targeting smallholder farmers. Identify the key players with relevant distribution infrastructure. Understand competitor product offering and pricing structures.
At minimum, Consultant shall provide a concise written report and presentation to Driptech’s CEO and China team.
Background and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant academic research or work experience in agriculture, water management, rural development, etc.
- Familiarity with agriculture industry players and policy landscape
- Experience living or working in rural China and interacting with all levels of government
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree