Driptech is an international water technologies company based in Silicon Valley, with offices in Pune, India and Beijing, China. Our mission is to alleviate poverty by creating extremely affordable, water efficient irrigation solutions for small-plot farmers in developing countries. We are currently scaling up for high-volume commercial rollouts in India and China. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact, reaching millions of small-plot farmers in the coming years.
- Develop and execute a channel strategy for a new agricultural product, through developing criteria for qualifying and prioritizing distribution partners and formulating processes for effective engagement
- Develop distribution partnerships with companies, governments, and NGOs with strong access to small-plot farmers, through market research, networking, presentations, sales meetings, management of demo installations, and contract negotiation
- Manage relationships with distribution partners – including follow-on sales, marketing support, training of partner staff, logistics, and management of junior sales staff• Contribute to Driptech strategy for business development, product development, and marketing
- Promote Driptech at agricultural exhibitions and to the press• Maintain strong knowledge of end-customers and market through regular visits to farmers and industry research
Background and Skills:
- 5 - 10 years of professional work experience, including experience in the agriculture industry and in sales or business development
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hindi or Mandarin; fluency in other local languages desired
- Ability to perform well with the limited management and support inherent in a multi-national startup, demonstrating initiative, independence, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings – formal presentations, informal sales pitches, planning and discussions with Driptech team, meetings with farmers in villages, etc.
- Experience working in a multinational organization preferred
Driptech offers a competitive salary commensurate with our funding stage.
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV and a cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com with "Business Development Manager" plus “India” or “China” in the subject line.
To learn more about Driptech, please visit our website at http://www.driptech.com/