Come join Driptech, a for-profit, socially-minded, high-visibility startup named by BusinessWeek as one of the world's most intriguing new companies, and voted by its readers as one of the top 5 most promising social ventures in America.
Driptech is laser-focused on making affordable irrigation technologies for small farmers in developing countries. Our early-stage, privately-funded, Mountain View, CA based venture is scaling up for high-volume commercial roll-outs in India and China. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact.
We are looking to turn our current prototype, proof-of-concept drip-irrigation manufacturing system into a commercial-grade solution to be installed in factories overseas. We are working hard to develop a vertically integrated manufacturing line capable of meeting our growing sales demands by the end of 2010. In fact, we must currently refuse incoming sales orders until we can ramp up our production system, so we need your help!
Driptech is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Lead Mechanical Engineer. This full-time position is available immediately. It requires strong mechanical design, manufacturing, and product development skills. The ideal candidate will have first-hand experience with how products are specified, designed, developed, validated, manufactured, inspected, and released for sale. The position requires direct, hands-on experience in designing and manufacturing products, as well as a proactive, dedicated, and hardworking mentality.
1. Lead the mechanical design efforts of the next generation of our proprietary laser-drilling machinery. We have working proof-of-concept machines, but we need to expand our capability and reliability as we gear up for overseas production.
2. Create CAD models and manufacturing process documents for new parts and assemblies.
3. Build prototypes (some rough, some high-quality) of newly designed parts.
4. Work hand in hand with the team members working to develop the electrical, and software systems for performing, monitoring and controlling all aspects of our manufacturing process.
5. Develop and refine our innovative product line to meet and exceed the demands of our customers. You'll be working closely with the Engineering Manager, Lead Mechatronic Engineer, Quality Control Engineers, and business partners.
6. Help establish manufacturing lines and operations in the US, India, China, and other nations as we continue to grow.
7. Help establish specifications and procedures for the manufacturing line.
8. Help evaluate the quality and reliability of the manufacturing equipment and the products of the equipment.
9. Work with component suppliers to insure delivery of components that meet specifications set by the product development team.
Background and Skills:
1. 5+ years experience in mechanical design, product development, and manufacturing/assembly.
2. Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, focusing on machine design (or equivalent).
3. Demonstrated CAD skills.
4. Demonstrated machine shop skills.
5. Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
6. Strong leadership characteristics and a great, can-do attitude are absolutely required.
1. Experience with high volume material handling and packaging strongly desired.
2. Electronics or mechatronics experience highly valued.
3. Optics and laser experience highly valued.
4. Experience working in China and India deeply appreciated.
5. Reliability engineering skills a plus.
6. Experience working in highly innovative, design-driven environments a plus.
7. A desire to change the world and empower farmers throughout developing nations will be invaluable and rewarded.
Driptech offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with our funding stage.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lead Mechanical Engineer" in the subject. We will be accepting application through July 31st.
For More Info:
See our website: www.driptech.com
Search for us at www.businessweek.com