May 13, 2010:
Job Posting: Engineering ManagerCome join a for-profit, socially-minded, high-visibility startup named by BusinessWeek as one of the world’s most intriguing new companies.
Driptech is laser-focused on making affordable irrigation technologies for small farmers in developing countries. Our early-stage, privately-funded, Mountain View, CA based venture is scaling up for high-volume commercial roll-outs in India and China. By joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact.
We are looking to turn our current prototype, proof-of-concept drip-irrigation manufacturing system into a commercial-grade solution to be installed in factories overseas. We are working hard to develop a vertically integrated manufacturing line capable of meeting our growing sales demands by the end of 2010. In fact, we are currently refusing incoming sales orders until we can ramp up our production system, so we need your help!
Driptech is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Engineering and Product Development Manager. This full-time (50+ hours per week) position is available immediately.
This position requires strong technical skills as well as managerial experience. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of how products are specified, designed, developed, validated, manufactured, inspected, and released for sale. This requires direct experience in all aspects of product development.
1. Lead the commercial-grade design of our proprietary laser-drilling machinery and develop a manufacturing line capable of meeting high volume demand. We have working proof-of-concept machines but we need to massively expand our capability and reliability as we gear up for overseas production.
2. Identify critical process parameters that control final product quality, reliability and performance.
3. Lead and manage the development of mechanical, electrical, and software systems for performing, monitoring and controlling all aspects of our manufacturing process.
4. Lead and manage the design of mechanical and electromechanical measurement tools for received goods inspection, post-process inspection and final inspection.
5. Develop and refine our innovative product line to meet and exceed the demands of our customers. You'll be working closely with the CEO, business partners, and development teams.
1. Coordinate the efforts of a small team of electromechanical engineers to design, build and validate a complete manufacturing solution.
2. Oversee establishment of manufacturing line and operations team in the US, India, China, and possibly other nations as our operations continue to grow.
3. Help create a prototyping and manufacturing machine shop capable of supporting R&D and operations.
4. Help establish specifications and procedures for the manufacturing line.
5. Help write protocols for evaluating the manufacturing equipment and the products of the equipment.
6. Assist in establishing QC department and procedures that are appropriate to our field of operations.
7. Working with component suppliers to insure delivery of components that meet specifications set by the product development team.
Background and Skills:
1. 3 years minimum experience in a mechanical product development firm that did some or all of its own manufacturing and assembly.
2. Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering focusing on machine design (or equivalent).
3. Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
4. Knowledge and skill with Gantt charts and project schedule management.
5. Knowledge and experience with inspection plans, lot sampling, and process control practices.
6. General knowledge of digital electronics suitable for electromechanical systems.
7. General knowledge of embedded software development suitable for electromechanical systems (ie C for microcontrollers, assembly language, etc).
8. Strong leadership characteristics and a great, can-do attitude are absolutely required.
1. Optics and laser experience highly valued.
2. Experience working in China and India deeply appreciated.
3. Prototyping skills highly desired, we're a hands-on kind of company.
4. Experience working in highly innovative, design-driven environments a plus.
5. A desire to change the world and empower farmers throughout developing nations will be invaluable and rewarded.
Driptech offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with our funding stage.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with "Engineering Manager" in the subject.
To learn more please visit our website at www.driptech.com