Job Posting: Marketing and PR Associate (part-time)
Come join a socially-minded startup named by BusinessWeek as one of the world’s most intriguing new companies.
Driptech is a socially responsible startup out of Stanford University making affordable drip irrigation for small farmers in developing countries. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Public Relations Associate. This part-time (10 hours per week) position is available immediately and pays a stipend of $500 per month. Our early-stage venture is scaling up to commercial roll-out, by joining the Driptech team you will be part of a compelling social venture that aims to produce a global impact.
• manage company blog, monitor relevant web activity and engage community
• manage and update presence on Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets
• manage and update website "news" section
• draft press releases
• draft and post monthly e-newsletter
• research, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities
• lead special marketing efforts including swag and product sample distribution
• be creative and help us find new ways to get the good word out
• current university student or recent graduate
• superior writing skills
• excellent communication and organization skills
• desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
• team player
• ability to work independently and to be resourceful
• ability to gather and synthesize information
• ability to implement strategic initiatives
• thrive in a startup environment
• available for a six month commitment
• available to attend bi-monthly company meetings in Palo Alto
• strong desire to make a profound social impact through sustainable business practices
• web development experience; knowledge of HTML
• graphic design experience
• video editing experience
• SEM experience
• experience working with international companies
• experience working with social ventures
• experience working with NGO’s
• multi-lingual capabilities, particularly Indian or Chinese languages
Send a brief cover letter, your CV/resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing and PR Associate”. For consideration, all application materials must be submitted by January 8, 2010.
The ideal candidate will have a great experience helping market Driptech. Our exposure to date has been earned on a grass-roots level — our supporters include everyone from micro farmers in India to VCs in Silicon Valley. The company has been featured in publications such as BusinessWeek, Forbes, Red Herring and the San Francisco Chronicle. Driptech recently won a Tech Award for creating technology benefiting humanity.
We believe that with your enthusiasm for Marketing and PR we can gain additional recognition for our work, build greater support for our mission and generate a huge impact in developing nations.
To learn more about Driptech, please visit www.driptech.com.