Driptech, inc. is an award-winning, revenue-generating, angel-backed social venture startup based in Palo Alto, CA. We produce low-cost drip irrigation systems for use by small farmers in developing countries. Through proprietary manufacturing and novel distribution Driptech plans to profitably reach the hundreds of millions of people who have not previously been able to use water-efficient drip irrigation, helping small farmers greatly increase their standard of living.
We have just sold all of our prototype product and are struggling to meet demand with our initial partners in India and China. Now we are about to launch in the two biggest markets in the world.
Business Development Executive
In response to our successful pilot study in India and initial sales in both India and China, I am looking for a key business partner to help me bring the venture to scale. This individual will provide business and operations experience to complement our existing depth in design and engineering.
This is an opportunity for the right person to help build the largest Bottom of the Pyramid irrigation company from the ground up. We have the proven technology and now we need the customers, business model, and funding to scale quickly. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA and will work in close partnership with the CEO.
I am seeking a candidate with the following background to be an early and integral member of our management team:
* Experience raising previous funding or working at an earlier stage venture required
* 4-6 years of business experience; 2-3 years on a business development team desired
* Hands-on experience scaling a startup, including systems, processes, staffing, and planning
* MBA desirable
* Strong project management skills required
* Proficient in excel, financial modeling, and creating fundraising pitchdecks
* Desire to make a profound social impact through sustainable business practices
* Enjoys the fast-paced, highly flexible and dynamic environment of a startup
* Excellent written and oral English communication skills
* Recent experience with international companies, social entities, or NGO’s a plus
* International experience a must
* Multi-lingual a plus (India/China)
* Full time executive role, starting immediately
* Research and evaluate new channel and partnership opportunities
* Fundraising with top tier VC's, and social enterprise funds
* Interaction with Board members and investors
* Assistance with selection and recruitment of management team
* Coordination with technical teams
* Fine tuning business plan, financial model, and pitch deck
* Other general management/operations duties as they arise...
Our venture is at an exciting stage of fundraising to scale up to commercial roll-out. By joining the Driptech team you will help build a social venture that will produce global impact as a result of your involvement.
Compensation will be primarily equity until funding event and is commensurate with experience level.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and most recent CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Executive”. All application materials should be submitted by October 10, 2009 at the latest. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding an interview within 2-4 weeks.
Awards and Recognition
Tech Award Laureate 2009: http://techawards.org/
San Francisco Chronicle, front page of business section. Also featured in Forbes, Business Week, Red Herring, and others: http://driptech.com/news.html
To learn more please visit our website at http://www.driptech.com